More than 290,000 people were vaccinated against covid-19 in Chelny
In the last 24 hours, 245 cases of coronavirus infection have been detected in Tatarstan. In total, on April 18, the total number of infected people in the republic reached 141,862. 135,732 people recovered during the entire period, including 249 in the last 24 hours. A total of 1,946 people died, four in the last 24 hours. 34 people were hospitalized per day.
- The head of the health department in Naberezhnye Chelny, Alexander Nikolaev, said that in the city, 293,204 residents were vaccinated against coronavirus with the first component and 227,596 people were vaccinated with the second. The head of the territorial department at Rospotrebnadzor’s office, Ilgizar Bariev, also said that since the beginning of the pandemic, 16,501 cases of coronavirus infection have been registered in Chelny. The indicator is 3,074.3 per 100,000 inhabitants, which is 17.2% lower than the national average.
The Ministry of Health explained why vaccination against covid-19 was included in the vaccination calendar
In the last 24 hours, 9,434 new cases of coronavirus have been discovered in Russia, 14,324 people have recovered. Thus, the number of cases has constantly grown to 18,084,151 people, and those who have recovered – up to 17,390,465. During the day, the disease claimed the lives of 213 Russians. During the entire period in Russia, 373,713 people died of coronavirus.
- The number of coronavirus deaths in Russia last week for the first time since October 2020 was less than 2,000. So in the last seven days, the headquarters registered 1,784 deaths, which is almost 11.2% less than in the previous similar period. Mortality did not change and remained at about 2.07%.
- The head of the scientific group of the Central Research Institute of Epidemiology of Rospotrebnadzor Kamil Khafizov said that Russian researchers have developed a domestic technology for determining coronavirus strains. According to him, the domestic development is based on reagents produced in Russia. This not only makes it possible to solve the problem of import substitution, but also, to some extent, to reduce costs and speed up the process of conducting the study.
- Russia’s Ministry of Health explained why coronavirus vaccination was included in the national immunization schedule. The agency refers to the words of Health Minister Mikhail Murashko, who said that in Russia at the end of May-June a new wave of coronavirus can be expected. In his opinion, the new wave, as well as its strength, will depend on revaccination and compliance with sanitary standards and regulations from the population.
- Director of the Center Gamalei Alexander Gintsburg said that studies of a drug based on monoclonal antibodies to covid-19 will begin on Monday at the Research Institute for Influenza at the Ministry of Health in St. Petersburg. Petersburg. According to him, all participants in the first phase of the study are healthy volunteers. They will be monitored for a month. If all goes well, the experts will issue permits for the second phase, during which the drug will be tested on patients with coronavirus.
- Virologist Pavel Volchkov said that at present it is not the coronavirus that should be feared, but the flu, because during the pandemic a fairly large population has formed of people who are “you” with the flu. He noted that the younger generation had virtually no flu, so they should also get a flu vaccine. In addition, Volchkov stressed that the flu affects the same organs as the common Omicron strain, namely the epithelium of the upper respiratory tract.
- According to him, the factor that will prolong the covid-19 pandemic in the world is a sharp increase in the incidence in China. Volchkov said that the prolongation of the pandemic is affected by the number of people who have not had the infection. For all countries, this figure is low. China will be an exception. As the expert explained, a large number of citizens who have not encountered COVID-19 can lead to a mutation in the infection.
- Tyumen ophthalmologist, after analyzing the manifestations of coronavirus, registered the risks of developing blood clots. To minimize the dangerous consequences, thromboelastography and a thrombodynamic test are recommended, which allows you to prescribe an appropriate rehabilitation course. According to Tyumen State Medical University professor Maria Ponomareva, thanks to the above methods, a specialist will be able to detect the formation of a blood clot in real time, and a computer program will calculate all the information about this process.
Taiwan issues record fines for quarantine violations
In the world, as of 09.20 (Moscow time), 504,577,044 people were infected with a new type of coronavirus, 6,198,460 people died. Such information is provided by Johns Hopkins University, which monitors the spread of the virus in real time.
In terms of the number of cases, the United States is in first place (80,632,301). In second place is India (43,044,280), third is Brazil (30,252,618), fourth is France (27,960,919) and fifth is the United Kingdom (21,916,961).
Most deaths were recorded in the United States (988,618). They are followed by Brazil (662,207), India (521,965), Russia (366,001, university data lagging behind data from Russian headquarters), Mexico (323,944).
- In the last week, approximately 5.8 million cases of coronavirus have been registered worldwide. It is about 36% smaller than the previous one. The incidence of covid-19 has decreased for the fourth week in a row. The highest numbers are observed in South Korea, where an average of about 130,000 new cases are detected daily. In France, the infection is detected in 120 thousand people a day, in Italy – in 60 thousand.
- The number of cases of covid-19 is increasing again in the United States. In some states, such as Rhode Island and New Hampshire, the average number of new infections per day has increased by more than 100% in two weeks, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. According to researchers, new and potentially dangerous variants of COVID-19 can appear at any time in America and the world.
- Democratic Senator Chris Koons said the United States could lose millions of doses of outgoing coronavirus vaccine if the US Congress does not approve $ 10 billion in covid-19 funding. Funding is “critical,” he said. for US national security.
- Hao Chun, head of China’s Office for Manned Space Programs, said the coronavirus pandemic will not affect the deployment process for the Chinese orbital station, which will start operating normally from the end of 2022 and conduct research projects with other countries. According to him, Beijing will continue to systematically explore outer space, using its own methods, taking into account China’s national characteristics.
- In Taiwan, an 18-year-old boy was fined a record fine for violating quarantine. His family will have to pay 1.5 million Taiwanese dollars (51.5 thousand dollars). A teenager who tested positive for covid-19 went out over the weekend to play basketball with friends and buy a present for his girlfriend, who was also infected. Initially, the young man tried to deny that he had left the house. However, the police and doctors cited pictures of his “adventure” that were posted on social networks as evidence.
- The British Prime Minister Boris Johnson claims that, despite the fines paid, he did not violate the restrictions imposed to combat the spread of covid-19 2020. During a speech in the lower house on Monday, he will try to minimize the effects of the party scandal on Downing Street in the middle in the first waves of the pandemic, according to The Times. At the same time, it is indicated that he will also touch on the subject of fines that the London police imposed on Johnson, his wife Carrie and others.
- Brazil’s health minister Marcelo Queiroga said the country will end the state of emergency in the health sector, which was introduced in 2020 in connection with the coronavirus pandemic. According to him, this decision was taken in connection with the improvement of the epidemiological situation, as well as due to the high vaccination rate of the population. He also noted that this does not mean victory over COVID-19 in South America.
- From Monday, the authorities of the Republic of Cyprus will suspend the categorization of countries on an epidemic basis and will suspend the CyprusFlightPass form, which was previously mandatory for all air passengers arriving on the island. according to the new protocol. for non-COVID-19 visitors from many countries in the former gray zone, self-isolation is no longer necessary. It is sufficient for passengers to have a certificate of either the transmitted coronavirus or confirmatory vaccination.
- The American doctor Clay Marsh said that the new subspecies of “omicron” BA.2, which is spreading around the world, is similar to the symptoms of both colds and flu and allergies. In South Africa, where researchers have mostly documented the new omicron variant, about 40% of these infections were relatively asymptomatic, he said. He also noted that the symptoms of BA.2 generally do not include the “normal” symptoms of covid-19, such as loss of smell and taste.
Society Medicine Tatarstan